pondělí 3. ledna 2011

Bětuška odlétá...

3.1.2011 [FOUND] 9 T 8 U 1

My daughter Betty studies japanese and portuguese on the Palacký University in Olomouc. This year she has succeeded to take part in the Erasmus program and studies the portuguese in Portugal, on the University of Coimbra. And because there are no lessons during winter holidays, she could spend Christmass with us. But, this day, she had to go back, to the distant Portugalia...
Her good father (me) took his daughter to the Vienna airport. The plain left about ten a.m. and going back to my job made no sense. It's better to taka a day off and ... Go geocaching!

09:54TGCZQ5PFound me (Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
10:03TGC12NQJFWM-FFF (Geo-Johnny & RoterOktoberDiver)
10:21TGC110J7Pannonischer Altar (Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
10:52UGC12VWTFFF-Bonus (RoterOktoberDiver + Geo-Johnny)
11:26TGC16F8RAltes Flugfeld (Geo-Johnny)
12:04TGC1A71PSchloss Schwadorf (Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
12:15TGC29J21Achtung Flugzeug! .:. Warning Aircraft! (SureThing II.)
13:12TGCXZXQAurora - Fischamend (tango99)
15:18TGC11GD4Radio Austria (Geo-Johnny)

[FOUND] GCZQ5P - Found me (boomerang vienna, placed 8.12.2006 by Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
#1144 09:54 - Having delivered my daughter to Vienna International Airport on her way to university in Coimbra, Portugal, I had a lot of time till evening. And because I prefer caching in peace, I didn't head to the imperial capital, but to nearby little town instead.

It was really calm and sunny day, though a bit freeze. Never mind. :)

This cache was my firts stop and it took the longest time to find, indeed. Not having the cache picture with me and looking only at the German text (and I know this languge on less then basic level :)) I've (thoroughly) search the rail, pylon and even the sides of the bridge, before noticing, theat one of the (for me) unknown words is a compound with the first part understandable, I guess, worldwide. ;)

Thanks for the cache!

[FOUND] GC12NQJ - FWM-FFF (Geo-Johnny, placed 5.5.2007 by Geo-Johnny & RoterOktoberDiver)
#1145 10:03 - Pleasant surprise. Nice and easy cache with unexpected bonus. (For me, at least - preparing for a quick hunt in foreign country I'd skipped all mysteries and similar caches.) Thanks for the cache!

[FOUND] GC110J7 - Pannonischer Altar (boomerang vienna, placed 18.2.2007 by Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
#1146 10:21 - Interisting artifact, indeed. Though the day was quit chilly, I used the nearby camping table for logging and enjoying the calm working day forenoon. Thanks!

[FOUND] GC12VWT - FFF-Bonus (RoterOktoberDiver, placed 13.5.2007 by RoterOktoberDiver + Geo-Johnny)
#1147 10:52 - An unplanned one. I've obtained the coordinates when found the sister cache, so I changed my path to collect this one two. There was kinda hustle in nearby park - the workers were disassembling some kiosk, the last remain of Christmass/New year festivities, I guess. But they concentrated on their duties and let me to grab the cache unnoticed. Thanks for the cache!

[FOUND] GC16F8R - Altes Flugfeld (Geo-Johnny, placed 6.10.2007)
#1148 11:26 - O, oh! This one took me some time, indeed. The coordinates denotes the position of a lorry, which apparently had parked there for not a short time, assessing the tyres' condition and drifted sediments around them. I carefully examined the fence, the electricity boxes (very carefully!) and was about deciding to search the lorry, too, when... when a geo-evident spot hitted my eyes! :)

Thanks for nice search!

[FOUND] GC1A71P - Schloss Schwadorf (boomerang vienna, placed 15.3.2008 by Boomerang Vienna adopted from ROD)
#1149 12:04 - At first I tried to find the cache by coordinates. But... that place didnt look well, terrain was quite high for my decent dressing and it didn't match the hint. So I stopped trying it and looked for it using just the hint and my geo-sense. And then... it was easy. Thanks! :)

[FOUND] GC29J21 - Achtung Flugzeug! .:. Warning Aircraft! (SureThing_II, placed 4.6.2010 by SureThing II.)
#1150 12:15 - When I came to the recommended aircraft watching point, another car had been there yet... Inside it were a toddler in the baby safety-seat and a man hanging on his mobile phne. The man looked like a sterotype Arab terrorist. I know, it's a racist cliche, but indeed - dark skin, unshaven face, hooked nose. He sat in the driver seat leaning forward to see the incoming aircrafts well and spoke to the phone. Strange...

He watched the aircrafts and me, walking to the cache, too. I logged, returned to my car intending to vanish before he would decide about my fate. But before I managed to strap my seat-belt, he started his engine and left for Fishamend.

So, thanks for the cache and an extraordinary, though possibly just imagined, experience! :)

[FOUND] GCXZXQ - Aurora - Fischamend (tango99, placed 27.8.2006)
#1151 13:12 - Nice walk throught the forest. It was completely empty, I was the only person there. It was very peaceful and pleasant.

But not the cache - water get inside before long and froze into ice. Nevertheless, thanks!

[FOUND] GC11GD4 - Radio Austria (Geo-Johnny, placed 17.3.2007)
#1152 15:18 - Whoa! The last cache found on my almost-new-year trip to Austria! Though the whole day was quite chilly, all the time since morning the Sun shined and it was very pretty outside. But on the short track between The honey sweet cemetry and Radio Austria everything changed. The gray clouds came from southwest, hid the Sun and ... it started snowing. Before I came to the Radio Austria hide, everything - the fields, the roads, the trees, the grass, my cap and my jacket too, was covered by fulffy snow flakes!

I found the cache, opened it and logged my visit, while the snow continued in falling down and making the logbook a little wet.

And then, on my way back to car, the snowing stopped, just the thin cover of flakes remained. (and the Sun didn't returned this day). Thanks for the cache and the extraordinary experience it arranged for me! :)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat